Withdrawal approved addresses are an optional, self-service security feature available to all Gemini customers. You can find and configure approved addresses in your account settings here: Approved Addresses
Approved addresses ensure that cryptocurrency in your Gemini account can only be sent to known addresses. Approved addresses allow you to ban all cryptocurrency withdrawals, or restrict withdrawals to a list of known addresses only. It also allows you to label addresses, making them easier to find and identify.
Once you enable approved addresses in your account settings, you’ll be prompted to create and manage your list of known addresses. A number of security restrictions and guidelines will then affect your ability to make withdrawals:
- Once you enable approved addresses, you will not be able to withdraw until there are active addresses on your approved address list. You can leave your approved addresses empty to maintain a ban on all withdrawals.
- For individual accounts, every address is subject to a 7-day approval period before it is activated for withdrawals. For this reason, you may want to withdraw prior to enabling the feature (and/or add known addresses to your approved address list right away).
- On accounts with multiple users, address requests can only be made by account administrators or managers. Requests are subject to a dual-control process, whereby a fellow administrator or manager must approve each request. (This process eliminates the need for the 7-day approval period.)
- As an individual user, you can add addresses, delete addresses, or edit address labels any time through your account settings on the Gemini website.
- To disable approved addresses, you must contact Gemini Customer Support.
Approved address information is read-only on the Gemini mobile app. Any desired changes must be made through the Gemini web platform.