With millions of users across the globe, Gemini users have various levels of experience in finance and crypto. We are driven to provide appropriate and effective resources to all our customers, from those who have never traded crypto to those who trade on a daily basis.
When assessing a particular users’ knowledge level and risk tolerance for trading crypto, there are certain important traits we look out for. These include physical health considerations, impactful life events, financial health, and financial literacy.
Our customer support teams are trained to identify users who might be at risk for any of the reasons above when trading crypto.
Physical health concerns can affect a user’s ability to carry out day to day tasks and further impact their ability to be aware of all the risks associated with trading crypto. This can include old age, a sudden health issue like a heart attack or stroke, mental health conditions, and addiction issues, among others.
Impactful life events happen to all of us and can put a user in a different state of mind that may be detrimental to their understanding of the risks around trading crypto. These events can include caring responsibilities, bereavement, and job loss, among others.
Understanding one’s financial health is critical to making sound investment decisions. A user with low or no savings, a low income, lack of community support, or high levels of debt should be particularly aware of the risks of investing in crypto.
Financial literacy is critical to being a smart crypto investor. We recommend exploring our Cryptopedia educational platform and doing extensive research about crypto before investing.
Our team is always here to support users with any questions you may have about the Gemini platform or generally trading crypto as we continue on our mission to unlock the next era of financial, creative, and personal freedom.
Should you require expert support you can find someone to speak to about the physical and emotional hardships you might be experiencing from the following organisations:
- Age UK - Information, friendship and advice to older people
- AtaLoss - Free live chat with a bereavement counsellor
- Carers UK - Support for unpaid carers for family or friends
- Cryptopedia - A platform designed to facilitate the understanding of crypto by providing free, high-quality crypto education to the world
- GambleAware – a national gambling support network service
- Dan 24/7 - Support with drug and alcohol problems
- GOV.UK Career Advice team - The National Careers Service can help you make career decisions throughout your life
- Money Helper - Free, impartial financial guidance that’s backed by government
- NHS 111 - Health advice and reassurance
- Relate - Counselling and workshops on relationships and family issues
- Samaritans - A listening service that will give you space to talk through your feelings and help talk through any concerns.
- StepChange Debt Charity - Comprehensive debt advice for people in the UK
If you identify as a vulnerable customer, please don't hesitate to let our team know and we'll be happy to provide additional resources.