Here are the possible reasons for the rejection of your wire or bank transfer:
- The bank account name* on the wire does not match the Gemini account holder's name.
- The sending bank account is not registered to your Gemini account.
- The account number on the wire transfer does not match the bank account registered to your Gemini account.
- It was sent from a trust, IRA, or business bank account. If you have an institutional account with Gemini, funds cannot be sent from a personal bank account.
- No account reference code.
The return of your funds may take up to ten business days.
*Note for Joint Bank Accounts: Occasionally, when the bank sends an outbound wire, they may only include one of the names of the joint bank account holders on the wire. If the wire instruction does not include your name, it will be rejected. The easiest remedy to this is to specifically request that the bank include your name/all names on the wire. This is something that your bank will be able to assist with.