About the program
Invite your friends to trade crypto on Gemini and earn rewards in the crypto of your choice - The higher their club level, the higher your rewards!
When your friend signs up and places at least $100 worth of trades within 30 days of signing up, you both will receive $15 USD* in the cryptocurrency of your choice.
In addition, there are referral tiers (Club Levels) that allow you to earn trading fee revenue on your referees' trades for up to 12 months. Based on what your referee trades in their first 30 days, you both have the potential to earn the existing $15 offer and reach new levels if they qualify for high-volume trade thresholds.
Referee Trade Requirement (within first 30 days)
(in the crypto of your choice)
(in the crypto of your choice)
≥ $10,000 < $100,000
15% trading fee revenue share of referee’s trades
15% trading fee revenue share of their own trades
25% trading fee revenue share of referee’s trades
25% trading fee revenue share of their own trades
*Trading fee revenue share lasts for 12 months for both Referrers and Referees starting the day the Referee signs up for a Gemini account
Please click here for the terms and conditions of the Gemini Referral Rewards Program.
Here's how it works:
- Navigate to the Rewards hub
- If you are using a web browser, tap the Account button located on the top right corner and select Rewards
- If you are using the Gemini app, tap on the purple Rewards button located at the top of the page
- Tap "Refer friends", where you can copy your unique referral link, share your link via social media, or invite family or friends directly through your contacts.
- Once your friend signs up and places at least $100 USD* worth of trades within 30 days of signing up, you both will receive $15 USD* in the cryptocurrency of your choice.
If your referral trades at least $10,000 USD* in their first 30 days of signing up, then you will both receive a percentage of trading fee revenue of your referral’s trades for a 12-month period.
*or the equivalent in your default currency
Tracking your rewards in the Rewards Hub
After you’ve sent a referral invite, you’ll be able to track the progress of your referral towards achieving the $15 reward. When the reward is still pending, it’ll show up in the Pending table. You can click on each table row to learn more about the status of your referral.
Once a referral passes 30 days on Gemini, and qualifies for one of the Club Levels (minimum $100), the reward will be processed and made available to both the client and their referral.
- It may take up to 2 days to process the reward.
- Both $15 rewards and any trading fee commissions (if applicable) will be paid out for the first month at that time.
For referrals that reach Club Levels (Icon or Legend), subsequent trading fee commissions after the first month will be paid out daily.
- If their referral(s) make multiple trades in one day, they will be compiled into one transaction record in the Rewards history table.
Additionally, your Rewards dashboard will update per the amount of qualified referrals you achieve and total amount of rewards accumulated.
The reward payout type will depend on their current crypto reward selection. For example, if you have chosen to receive rewards in Ether, you will receive $15 in Ether at the time of the reward payout. You can manage or edit your desired crypto reward selection at any time in the Rewards dashboard.
Please keep in mind that the value of cryptocurrencies can be volatile and the amount of cryptocurrency you receive as a reward may fluctuate depending on market conditions.
Is there a reward limit?
There is no limit to the amount of trading fee commissions users can earn from Club Level referrals (i.e. Icon and Legend).
There is a limit of $600 per account in standard $15 reward payouts that may be earned per year.
What types of trades count towards the trading thresholds?
All revenue-generating trades count towards the trading thresholds: instant buy/sell/convert, OTC trades, Active Trader trades, derivatives trades (in relevant jurisdictions). Crypto and fiat deposit and withdrawals are not included.
Am I eligible?
The following countries are eligible for the referral program:
- Australia, Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Portugal, Sweden, and United States.
- To see if you're eligible for the referral program, simply check if you can view and interact with the Rewards section in your account. If you're able to participate in the rewards program, then you're eligible to join the referral program.
Not eligible yet? We’re expanding to new jurisdictions all the time, so keep an eye out! Please keep in mind that the referral program is subject to certain terms and conditions and may be modified or canceled at any time.
Can I sell my crypto rewards?
Yes! There is no time limit before you can sell your reward.
It's important to remember that any rewards earned through the Gemini referral program may be subject to taxes in your country of residence. When you receive crypto rewards, the value of that reward may be considered taxable income.
Bonuses/promotions paid to US persons will count toward the $600 threshold of income earned on the Gemini platform that will require Gemini to issue the Form 1099-MISC.
It's recommended that you consult with a tax professional to determine the exact tax implications of receiving rewards from our referral program. Additionally, you are responsible for reporting any income earned through our referral program on your tax returns. Failure to do so may result in penalties or fines from your local tax authorities.