Approved addresses are designated wallets that your account can send cryptocurrency to. If you have this feature turned on but do not select any addresses, crypto withdrawals will be banned from your account until you add an address and it completes the waiting period or multi-user approval.
If you have more than one account, you will also need to determine if your approved address list applies to all of your accounts or a particular account. This is determined by selecting the appropriate scope when creating the key.
Setting the scope determines which account has whitelisted the approved address. "Master" is the equivalent of all your accounts. Most users have a "Primary" account by default as their only account. In the event that you have just one account, you will not see a "scope" dropdown. Once you have multiple accounts, you may also grant access to just one account by selecting that account name from the list. For users with two or more accounts, those accounts will have unique, user-generated names; users can select any account from the drop down during approved address setup.
FOR SINGLE USER ACCOUNTS
If you’re the only one with access to your account, you can add a supported digital asset address to your approved addresses list with the following steps: Approved Addresses
On the web:
- Go to the approved addresses settings here
- Click on the "Add address to approved addresses" button in the top right
- A pop up will appear for you to select the cryptocurrency, label, and address
- Hit "continue" to confirm.
On the mobile app:
- Go to Account > Security settings > Approved addresses
- Tap “Add” in the top right corner
- Select the asset, add the address, and give it a nickname
Once the steps above are completed, an email confirmation will be sent to you. The entire process will take 7 days.
FOR MULTI USER ACCOUNTS
Only administrators or managers have the permissions to add a supported digital asset address to the approved addresses list. Here’s how they can add an address:
1) Go to the approved addresses settings here: Approved Addresses
2) Click on the "Add address to approved addresses" button in the top right
3) A pop up will appear for you to select the cryptocurrency, label, and address
4) Hit "continue" to confirm
As a part of our dual-control process, an email notification will be sent to other account administrators and managers with the approved address request. Once someone besides the requester approves the address, it will be available for use. All account members will get a confirmation email when the address has been approved.
For both types of accounts, if the account has other approved addresses that are already approved, you may withdraw from those while the requested address is pending.