Gemini is a next-generation digital asset exchange and custodian headquartered in New York City. We are fully-licensed and fully-regulated. We allow both individual and institutional customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ether, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin or Zcash). We also offer a stablecoin, known as Gemini Dollar.
When we began this journey in 2014, our goal was simple: build a world-class, regulated digital asset exchange and custodian based in the United States. The following core principles guided our development process:
- Assemble a team of top security experts, technologists, and financial engineers.
- Build with a “security-first” mentality without compromise.
- Work alongside financial regulators to shape licensing for digital asset businesses.
- Guarantee the same consumer protections customers enjoy with other financial institutions.
- Build a robust Anti-Money Laundering Program in line with banking compliance.
- Ensure that customer fiat funds (U.S. Dollars) are eligible for FDIC insurance.
- Build an elegant institutional-grade product for both Main Street and Wall Street.
We continue to adhere to these principles as we build new features and improve the Gemini experience.